SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED TO: Sunday, October 15th, 2023.
Potlatch Fund Board seeks new Board Member
Potlatch Fund has been operating since 2002 and is a Native led organization that seeks to celebrate Native communities through the cultural tradition of giving by expanding philanthropy within Northwest Indian country. Potlatch Fund operates in the four-state region of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana. Potlatch Fund’s Board provides strategic direction, fiduciary oversight, and governance to the organization and complements an exceptional staff of seven and many committed volunteers. Service on the Board of Directors involves thoughtful decision-making, lots of fun, and the satisfaction of serving Native Communities throughout Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana
The below skills and attributes are required:
- Resident of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or Montana
- Be a tribal member or descendant from an American Indian or Alaskan Native Tribe;
- Understand issues in diverse Native communities, including the ways in which many Native people live at the intersection of multiple identities;
- Have leadership and/or extensive professional experience in Indian Country within the four-state service area;
- Ability to generate support in Indian Country for Potlatch Fund’s mission and its activities, this includes but is not limited to fundraising, sponsorship, community input, community impact, and connections to artists, Native Language learners and revitalizers, and/or grassroot community organizers/organizations; and
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, the funding sectors (including the philanthropic and/or the gaming sectors), community development and Indian Country.
Board members serve three-year terms, and attend virtual monthly board meetings, with 3 of those meetings being in-person. In addition to attending monthly Full Board meetings every member is to participate in at least one committee per year. This equates to approximately 7 to 10 hours per month. This is a volunteer position; funding is available for travel expenses. A full list of expectations and responsibilities can be found here. Potlatch Fund’s mission, vision and values can be found on our website at www.potlatchfund.org/about/our-values/
If serving this organization appeals to you, please reach out to Cleora Hill-Scott, Executive Director at email@example.com or 206-637-3467 to learn more.
If you’re ready to submit your application, please complete the application form found here and provide a reference no later than the close of business on Sunday, October 15th, 2023.
We are eager to talk to interested candidates. We look forward to hearing from you!
APPLICATION: Board of Directors Application Form 2023 FINAL (1)
DRAFT BOARD MEMBER AGREEMENT: DRAFTBoardCommitment2023forwebsite